Taken on my first night in Paris

Taken on my first night in Paris

Monday, January 23, 2012

My Neighbor


Stephania is my neighbor who lives in the Chambre de Bonne next to mine. She's from Milan and works at Christian Louboutin.


Last night she invited me to go for a walk with her up to Montmatre to visit Sacre Coeur and have a crepe and a drink.


She's really sweet and makes me speak only French to her. It's hard to joke around in my limited vocabulary, but somehow we manage to understand each other.

She is training for the Rome Marathon and has invited me to come running with her. This could be my get out of obesity free card! Because right now on my croissant, baguette, jelly, and brie diet I'm on the "Do not pass Go. Do not collect your former size 2 jeans" fast track.

The first night we met she invited me over for dinner because she had just made Spaghetti Bolognese. I didn't have the heart or the bad manners to tell her I have been a vegetarian for 4 years. So I said a little prayer for all cow-kind and indulged in some carnivorous activity.

Tomorrow is my turn to cook. She has requested Un Diner Americain... I'm thinking Chili.
Any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment