Taken on my first night in Paris

Taken on my first night in Paris

Friday, March 2, 2012

New Water Colors/ Week 6/7

For the past couple weeks I've been attending an amazing open figure drawing class at L'Academie Grande Chaumiere in Montparnasse. It's become one of my favorite things to. The Academy has been around since the 1800's and some pretty famous artists used to come sketch and paint there, notably Bourdelle. And after all these years they have maintain the same open atmosphere- anyone can come in with a sketch pad, pencils, charcoal, or paints, ( and 12euro) and make art! The people there are very nice and come from all different backgrounds, levels, and styles. Here's a watercolor I did at the last class...

For some reason I can't get it to rotate.. but you get the idea.

Last weekend I went on an amazing trip to London to visit my two wonderful cousins and my awesome friend from High school who now goes to Oxford. I will dedicate a blog post to that trip soon.. But as a thank you to David for hosting us in Oxford here is a water color I made. I'm currently working on two for Giuseppe and Ian ( my cousins) Stay tuned..



No comments:

Post a Comment