Taken on my first night in Paris

Taken on my first night in Paris

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Perfect Paris Picnic

Yesterday I signed up for the Velib bike share program here in Paris.

After a bumpy start (literally, the first bike I took out had a flat tire and I made a wrong turn onto the very unbike-friendly Champs-Elysees and had to bump my way tout-suite over to another bike station to switch) it was exhilarating, and I am now a new woman.

I rode down to Invalides for a picnic with Ryan. We hung out on the open lawn for a bit then headed to Les Jardins Luxembourg ensemble.



There we were greeted by a carpet of beautiful healthy happy people picnicing, sitting, kissing, reading, laughing, and living.



Ryan and I plopped ourselves down on the beautiful people carpet and just hung out for a couple hours reading and people watching. When we got up the sun was setting but there were still people everywhere. It was a "C'est la Vie!" day. Not in the apathetic negative connotation, but rather the positive affirmative. This is the life.

Today I am going out again for a picnic at Trocadero (Eiffle Tower) with a dish inspired by my recent trip to Sicily. Fennel, blood orange, heirloom tomatoes, olive oil, and lemon salad. One of my favorite recipes from La Cucina de Mimi!



yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment