Taken on my first night in Paris

Taken on my first night in Paris

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

January: Highs and Lows

Last night Ryan and I cooked dinner for our 5 friends, while Tom moped around the apartment uselessly until we made him do the dishes.
One of my oldest friends from Ye Olde Town of Weston, Connecticut Regan Silverstien of Fashion Blog fame Yay or Nay her lovely roommate, their lovely friend Mike from their program, and my lovely friend Nicole from NYU Abu Dhabi were our guests of honor.

We wanted the meal to be fortifying, fruitful, and above all French. So we covered the main food groups Carbs, Cheese, Wine, and Chocolate

Premiere: Baguette and Cheese: Gouda, Brie, Caminbare, and this mysterious cheese that keeps sneaking it's way on to our on cutting board that smells and tastes like a dirty armpit.

Main: Pasta with a Mushroom cream sauce. Everyone enjoyed it except for Regan who is allergic to one thing: Mushrooms. There's one in every crowd

Apres: Bib Lettuce Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette.

Dessert: The ghetto 40 cents cheap version of Petit Ecoleres that have a kid on a skateboard printed on them instead of a scholarly 18th century student.



After meal we went around the table and said our high and low of the day, which made me think of my highs and lows of the trip so far. Since I basically am high all the time and have expressed many of those highs here on the blog I think I'll just go right in for the lows and not beat around the bush.

Low #1 The Temperature- Literally. It's really f-ing cold.

Low #2 The walk the trip to and from my shower across my airshaft everyday- (see above) which is why I have decided to stop showering

Low #3 That night my heating broke- (refer again to #1)

Low #4 My unrequited crush on my neighbor upstairs :(-- Whatever there are more baguettes in the basket

Low #5- This really awful night Ryan and I had where we missed the last metro, spent an hour trying to find a cab, witnessed a car accent, arrived home to my apartment with not a single edible peice of food in my kitchen, ate boiled germinated chickpeas with balsamic vinaigrette---But we laughed at our sorry state harder than I've ever laughed before so it doesn't really count. It was kind of a high.

No comments:

Post a Comment